What's MJP Doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 24, 2008

    My Kiddo

    Those of you who know me personally have asked me why I don't have any pictures of my own kiddo on my website and blog. The answer is simple...the boy won't smile. In a picture, that is. He smiles all the time otherwise, but the minute I put my camera in front of my face...no more smile. He does that face I like to call "Teenage Tough Guy". If you have a teenage son, you know the face I'm talking about.

    Happily, I captured a couple good ones of him without the frown...just snapshots, but I still love them. I have to thank his Grammy for these two pics. Last Saturday he had to get up early for a Band March-A-Thon to raise funds for a trip to Florida. His Grammy pledged a donation under the condition that she get a before and after picture.

    Here you go Mom...and all of the internet. After he finds out I posted these, I'll probably never get another smile out of him again...so enjoy. LOL

    Check out that shark tooth necklace. Scary. Oh, and the t-shirt says "Friends Don't Let Friends Play Woodwinds"...or something like that. He's a trumpet player. :-)
    Here's the after shot...there are doughnuts in the bag. Looking pretty good after marching 5 miles, right?

    No comments: