What's MJP Doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 2, 2008

    OKC Memorial

    This weekend Chad, my husband, and I took a short road trip to Oklahoma City and visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum.
    Pictures do not do the memorial justice. I immediately felt the impact of where I was standing the moment I stepped under The Survivor Tree and looked down at what was once 5th street and is now the Reflecting Pool.
    Everything was peaceful and calm, and still you could feel the sadness of what happened here.

    Here are some of the pictures I took on our visit. In the first one above, I was standing under the gate on the opposite side of the Reflecting Pool when this woman in a beautiful red dress stopped right where you see her. Perfect timing, I love that photo.
    The emotion surrounding the memorial inspired me and I have too many photos to put in one post, so I will continue with more in my next post.
    "Under The Survivor Tree"


    No comments: