What's MJP Doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 15, 2008

    The Lake House


    Ahhh! We just returned from our annual summer vacation to my parents' lake house in Minnesota. I grew up in the Land of 10,000 Lakes... and although I enjoy the great state of Texas most of the year, I have a hard time appreciating the heat down here. It's just too much for my northern blood. So my great escape is a week back home, enjoying my family's company and the (usually) fantastic weather.

    My parents live on Green Lake in Spicer, MN. The lake is typically clear, cool and gorgeous. Last week was no exception. We did have a couple of days in the 90's, but we also had a few in the 70's. Here are a few of my favorite scenic pics from this year's visit...people pics will follow in the next entry. :-)

    Sunrise - the lake was like glass that morning.



    1 comment:

    Jackie said...

    Hi Marcy, You commented on my recent Minnesota "cloud Pics" blog, I appeciate your comment.
    Yah...I live in Rochester,MN I grew up here ! I love your lake pictures !! We go to Park Rapids every year and stay at a Lake. I Love it. You'll be happy to know it's now near 90 degrees and so humid you can taste the moisture :)
    Hope you're having a nice summer. Jackie