What's MJP Doing?

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 13, 2008

    Creepy & Fascinating

    My husband and I took a drive on Saturday with plans to get out into the country and take some scenic photos. We ended up at an antique store instead, because I'm addicted to them and my husband is indulgent. :-)


    This is not your typical antique shop.

    There are dozens and dozens of these really creepy dummies...not really mannequins, because they all have different faces, hair and clothing. And I mean these are creepy in a totally awesome that-dummy-is-staring-at-me kind of way. This is the kind of place I'd equally love and hate to be exploring in the dark of night. Perfect for this time of year.


    But besides the dummies, they have some really fascinating stuff...things that are perfect for photography. Like this bicycle...that I totally wanted my husband to buy for me but he wouldn't because apparently $375 is too much for an old bicycle...in his opinion.

    They also have this old Chinese war plane sitting outside in front of the building.

    The photographer in me fell in love with the repetition of their displays.


    If you think you know the place I'm talking about, leave a comment and if you are right I'll give you 30% off your next portrait session fee.

    No comments: